5 Must-Haves for Any Long-Haul Flight
You’ve got your hotel confirmation in-hand, your travel agency for vacation in Philadelphia, PA, has just confirmed your arrival, and your bags are packed and ready to go. Now, the only thing separating you from a week of rest and relaxation is a long flight.
It’s safe to say that no one really enjoys taking a flight. Thankfully, bringing just a few key items can help make your time in the sky much more comfortable. If you’ve got a long flight coming up, make sure you stow these five essentials in your carry-on.
- A passport holder. A passport holder can help you keep your ID and documents handy on international flights. Choose one in a bright color that you love to avoid endlessly digging through your purse at the gate.
- A light jacket. Even in the middle of summer, you might find yourself shivering when you’re 30,000 feet in the air. Bring along a lightweight jacket just in case it gets chilly.
- An eye mask. An eye mask is an essential for any flight — especially ones that involve overnight travel. Flight attendants may leave the lights on in the cabin if the pilot hits some bumpy air, which can affect your sleep. Ensure peaceful dreams by bringing along a plush eye mask in your bag.
- A large water bottle. Staying hydrated while in the air can be a challenge. Luckily, you won’t have to splurge on a $7 bottle of water at the airport to avoid the wrath of the TSA. Contrary to popular belief, empty water bottles aren’t banned by airport security. So long as your water bottle is empty, you’ll make it past the checkpoint just fine. Bring along a large water container and fill it up at the water fountain before you fly for affordable in-air hydration.
- A small bottle of hand sanitizer. Airports and airplanes can be germy places — and no one wants to start their vacation with a case of the sniffles. Bring along a small travel-sized container of hand sanitizer and use it liberally.
Are you dreaming of a summer getaway? The all-inclusive travel agents in Philadelphia working with Jet Set Travels can make your vacation dreams a reality. Give us a call today to learn more and get started!